Re: [Xen-devel] Disabling cirrus-vga

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:03:40AM +0000, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Trolle Selander wrote:
>
> > Maybe it would be a good idea if the "nographic" option actually removed
> > all virtual graphics cards? Is anyone out there actually running with
> > the nographic option and still depending on the presence of a virtual
> > VGA card in the VM? Until this thread, I actually thought the nographic
> > option did just this, and it still strikes me as a more "logical"
> > behavior, but maybe changing it now would break existing setups.
> >

> nographic is an old qemu cmd line option (since 2003), I doubt people
> would be very happy if we change the meaning of it.

Absolutely not !

> However we could add a new one.

Latest upstream QEMU now has a sane arg for specifying video device
type

         -vga [std|cirrus|vmware]

If we were to follow existing practice for -serial/-net/etc disabling then
the answer would be to support '-vga none'  Of course this should be
suggested on the qemu-devel list really.

Regards,
Daniel