RE: [Xen-devel] disable qemu PCI devices in HVM domains

> > Can you please comment on how the disabling should behave across
> > migration or save/restores? Are the flags retained as part of the
saved
> > state or does the disabling need to happen again once the domain is
> > migrated/restored?
> In the patches I sent, the flags are discarded across migration (so
> all of the emulated devices come back).  Our drivers get in very early
> after the domain is resumed after migration and re-issue the magic
> writes which unplug the devices.  Saving them wouldn't cause us any
> problems, though, so if that's easier for you then feel free to add
> it.

The only time this would not work for me is if the DomU was migrated
from a machine that supported device disabling to one that didn't (eg
didn't have these patches).

Is that even a supported scenario - eg migration between machines
running (even slightly) different versions of code?

James