Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

Todd Deshane wrote:
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, for a start, disable MSI for now (pci=nomsi on the kernel command
line).  I haven't done any MSI support yet.

In the nosmp boot, something seems amiss with interrupt routing.  nomsi may
help there as well, but I'll need to have a closer look at the code to work
out what's really going wrong here.  Hm, its probably:
[    0.000000] ACPI: Skipping IOAPIC probe due to 'noapic' option.

I guess nosmp implies noapic?  Anyway, we don't do well without ioapics at
present...

The pci=nomsi helped a lot.

I have booting (at least almost)

Again two logs attached. This time the without nosmp does better.

Gets to a checking battery state line then it seems to stop.

The nosmp does the same as last time, a initramfs prompt followed by
ATA trying...

I will try to disable some of the init scripts or try single user mode to
see if I can get a normal prompt.

In single user mode, I have functional network, etc.

A log is attached.

It would help if I could get the display to work properly on the normal monitor
and not over a serial console.

It may be a very functional system

The log of single user mode and some very basic testing is attached.

Yep, that looks promising. I think the important information is what is supposed to happen next on your hanging boot. If its another init script it would be useful to know what it is, and whether you can just disable it. If its the login prompt, its probably a terminal setup thing.

What distro is it?