Re: [Xen-devel] [Question] How to support page offline in Xen environment

At 23:21 +0800 on 11 Dec (1229037698), Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
> Tim, do you think this code path will keep guest's service continue
> (that's one reason we considered LM method before). Seems from the
> code, the guest will be down for very short time, but I'm not qutie
> sure. I'm still trying to reading the code.

Yes; the resume code was written as part of a project that does
continuous live snapshotting of a running guest to provide
fault-tolerance.  The downtime for offlining pages this way should be
even less than for live migration.

Cheers,

Tim.