[Xen-devel] floppy image under 3.3

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 20:25:41 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 01:26:11 -0800

> I just tried booting a HVM domain with 'fda=/images/floppy.img' in
> the config, and I get this in the logfile:
>
> qemu: could not open disk image /installmedia/IDR/floppy.img
>
> Can anyone tell me what is wrong? It worked under 3.2. The file is the
> correct length (1474560) and permissions.

I'm posting this into dev as I think there is a problem with the code...

In qemu, drive_init calls bdrv_open2, which calls find_image_format,
which calls bdrv_open2, which succeeds. find_image_format appears to
fail though, causing the original bdrv_open2 to fail, giving me my error
message.

Is this roughly what is supposed to happen? I'm continuing to debug but
if anyone can tell me that I'm doing something wrong, or has already
fixed this bug then please stop me :)

Thanks

James