Re: [Xen-devel] Xen, Windows 2003 and APIC

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:42:57 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gary Pennington <gary.pennington@xxxxxxx>, et-mgmt-tools@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:43:21 -0800
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=n5yOyZQe9fQMhVfiAxKzZ6RqxCkeNdS5vPs1sXPko5MZQn78j+Nu3fdnze6b5n8k6F 8zkmsNRrybFl/EGg3gXzwnTCIMj9m6k6B+fc+xhjJmlFMPa3Dwk7FXtQ++r+RhohhOyS LySTbtTZbg1dpYdqch90rBkXsuXfizHowApDk=

IIRC, only w2k3sp2+, vista, and w2k8 have lazy TPR.  Not positive
about w2k3sp1, but I think it doesn't.  WinXP does not have lazy TPR
in any service pack, AFAIK.

What service pack of w2k3 did you do those tests with?

Hopefully, sometime in the next few weeks, I'll be able to release my
'xenalyze' tool, which will help a lot with analyzing what's really
going on with these kinds of workloads.

 -George