RE: [Xen-devel] can't create any more pv-on-hvm domains after~38under 3.3-testing

> On 03/12/2008 11:53, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > So just to clarify, would this be a page which has been granted in a
> > DomU's grant table and then either given to Dom0 via an entry in
xenbus
> > or via a ringbuffer request? The former seems more likely as I
wouldn't
> > have thought that there would be a request in flight every single
time,
> > and then probably not only a single request.
>
> Yes, exactly. It's probably the ring page itself rather than a grant
> transmitted over a ring.

Okay... so my tests will be:

. Does the problem occur in pv DomU's? (I'm guessing no but I need to
rule it out in case there is a problem with the Debian kernel)
. Does the problem occur without my gplpv drivers loaded at all?
. Try loading just xenbus, then just xenbus+xennet, then just
xenbus+xenvbd, in the windows hvm domain and see what happens.

James