[Xen-devel] xm.exe "Xen management client for Windows"

Hi,

I met Ian Pratt last week in Japan, and I remembered a tiny program "xm.exe".
I ported xm command for Windows last year.

xm.exe ver 0.1
http://pantora.net/datapool/xm-exe/xm-exe-0.1.zip

I thought that a similar program created sometime,
but it was not so.

If I am able to do it, I want to contribute this program for Xen.org project.

Some subcommands are not supported. Because I created this program
to control a virtual machine by UPS management program in Windows.

How to use this program? Please see following.

=== Usage ===
Usage: xm <subcommand> [args]

Control, list, and manipulate Xen guest instances.

xm full list of subcommands:

 connect                Connect a xen daemon.
 disconnect             Disconnect a xen daemon.
 domid                  List information about all/some domains.
 domname                Shutdown a domain.
 list                   List information about all/some domains.
 destroy                Terminate a domain immediately.
 resume                 Resume a Xend managed domain
 shutdown               Shutdown a domain.
 start                  Start a Xend managed domain
 suspend                Suspend a Xend managed domain
 pause                  Pause execution of a domain.
 unpause                Unpause a paused domain.
 migrate                Migrate a domain to another machine.
 dmesg                  Read and/or clear Xend's message buffer.
 log                    Print Xend log

<Domain> can either be the Domain Name or Id.
For more help on 'xm' see the xm(1) man page.

=== Difference with original xm command ===
- Some subcommands are not supported.
- It desgined for .NET framework.
- It have 2 subcommands for session management.
  "xm connect" is connect to xend, and create a session.
  "xm disconnect" is disconnect a session.
- Can not connect to many servers.

=== Examples ===
Connect to xend at 192.168.0.1 (Username is root, Password is password)
C:\> xm.exe connect http://root:password@xxxxxxxxxxx:9363

Show listed domains information.
C:\> xm.exe list

Start centos5 domain.
C:\> xm.exe start centos5

Mirgate centos5 to 192.168.0.2 by live-migration.
C:\> xm.exe migrate ?-live centos5 192.168.0.2

Disconnect from xend.
C:\> xm.exe disconnect

Best regards.

TAIRA Hajime <htaira-osc@xxxxxxxxxxx>