Re: [Xen-devel] RE: question about hvm vhpet

Dan Magenheimer wrote:

vhpet is now based on vpt.c.

Yes, understood.  IIRC the main problem is that a new
timer mode is needed that guarantees that no two
ticks can be delivered too close together (and doesn't
ever care if they are delivered too far apart).
I think I had suggested the mode be called "no_fast_ticks".

However, my memory may be faulty here, so I cc'ed Dave
hoping he would chime in.

Dan
Hi Dan, Keir, Kevin:

Yes, I have not had the time to work on the hpet resubmission.
I hope to be able to do so soon.

Dan, the no_fast_ticks policy is one of the things that made
our hpet implementation work well.

Keir, thanks for doing the layering work. When I get back to working
on this I'll start with what you have and characterize it.
Then go from there.

-Dave