Re: [Xen-devel] NR_PIRQS vs. NR_IRQS

>>> Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 14.11.08 09:00 >>>

>>> I had sent a mail a few days ago on this, where IBM was testing 96 CPU
>>> support (4-node system), and it crashing because of a PIRQ ending up in
>>> DYNIRQ space (kernel perspective), because there being 300+ IO-APIC
>>> pins. While the crash ought to be fixed with the subsequent patch, it's
>>> clear that none of the devices with an accumulated pin number greater
>>> than 255 will actually work on that system.
>>
>> Oh dear. :-D
>
>Is fixing this actually any harder than just bumping NR_IRQS/NR_PIRQS in Xen
>and NR_PIRQS in Linux? Have IRQS and VECTORS got somehow accidentally tied
>together in Xen?

Unfortunately there was some mix-up. But I think I got this fixed (running
a NR_IRQS=1024 hypervisor at the moment). I'd prefer to submit these
patches only after your NR_PIRQS -> NR_IRQS change comes out of the
staging tree though, to make sure it applies (and works) correctly on top
of it.

>These parameters should probably be build-time configurable.

This too.

Jan