Re: [Xen-devel] detecting a 'block-configure' via xenbus

  • To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 09:34:15 +0000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 01:34:50 -0800

On 16/11/08 09:19, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I noticed that the SuSE kernel does have a new blkback source file
> cdrom.c
>> which I don't think has ever been proposed for inclusion in
> xen-unstable.
>> Perhaps that is a protocol extension worth looking at?
>
> It reportedly works with the Citrix product, is the protocol definition
> itself open? A xenstore-ls shows what looks like some SCSI modepage data
> in the tree which I hadn't seen before too.

I don't think there's any particular reason for it to be closed, and in any
case the interactions via xenstore, and the kernel driver sources, are open
for anyone to take a look at. A lot of Citrix stuff does end up in the
public trees -- it may just be that noone has considered this, or it needs
clean up, or something...

 -- Keir