[Xen-devel] NX bit with paravirt ops

Hi,

I'm trying to get PaX (http://pax.grsecurity.net) working on a 64-bit
paravirt_ops guest under xen. One of the features that PaX uses under a 64-bit
kernel is the NX bit. I'm using the paxtest utility (available at
http://paxgrsecurity.net) to test whether the NX bit is working.

On a host with NX support, a 64-bit 2.6.18 xen kernel has a working NX bit.
Under a vanilla 2.6.27.4 paravirt_ops kernel with HIGHMEM64 and PAE enabled
however, the nx bit doesn't seem to work. The nx flag is listed in
/proc/cpuinfo on both the 2.6.18 and 2.6.27 guest.

So my question is; does paravirt_ops support the use of the nx-bit?

Cheers,

Brad