Re: [Xen-devel] xen kernel 2.6.18 bug with a d-link DFE 580TX - pci hide

On 26/10/08 08:58, "Michael Kapp" <tquarkk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Add swiotlb=force to your domain's kernel command line.
>
> I set swiotlb=force in the domU conf, that doesn't fix it - also with
> noirqdebug.

That should be impossible since the line you are bugging on will not be
executed if the swiotlb has been successfully enabled. Do you get a line in
dmesg stating "Software IO TLB enabled"? If not then is CONFIG_SWIOTLB
enabled in your kernel config (should happen by default). The file
lib/swiotlb-xen.c should be getting built and you'll see there is code near
the top of that file to parse swiotlb=force which sets swiotlb_force and
should cause swiotlb_init() to do the right thing (which should get called
via the path mem_init->pci_iommu_alloc->pci_swiotlb_init->swiotlb_init.

 -- Keir