RE: [Xen-devel] Problems with enabling hypervisor C and P-statecontrol

If Xen wants to be consistent with one policy, as you suggested, it
requires core/thread info known before booting APs, and then take
that info in alloc_cpu_id. However core/thread info can be only
acquired on AP by CPUID and sibling/core map can be constructed
after all APs are booted. Then you may need a temporary cpu id
allocated and then switch it to a real one later. This looks a bit
messed on some arrays[NR_CPUS]. Is it worthy of doing that way,
or just expose the mapping between xen cpu id and sockets/cores/
threads?

Thanks,
Kevin