From: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
stefan-neuwirth@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 2008年10月16日 15:20
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen 3.3.0 pv pci passthrough co-assigned problem

After upgrading from xen 3.2.x to xen 3.3.0 I get an error message
when using pci passthrough with pv guests (my system is not vt-d
enabled):

xm create -c /etc/xen/domU/myguest
Using config file "/etc/xen/domU/myguest".
Error: pci: 0000:0e:05.0 must be co-assigned to the same guest with 0000:0f:0a.0

Sharing diffrent pci devices behind a pci bridge used to work in older
xen versions for pv guests. It seems the restriction for the vt-d
passthrough is also applied to the pv passthrough - any reason for
this? For me this is a real big regression.

  Stefan