RE: [Xen-devel] Strange PCI Passthrough problem

Hi Todd,
According to the logs, we can see the 03:00.0 and 03:02.0 are behind the same
bridge, and both PCI devices lack the proper standard FLR capabilities.
So currently in xend, the policy under this situation (sure, this limit is not
nice...) is:
we can choose to assign both devices to the same guest;
or,
we can assign either device to a guest and the other becomes un-assignable
temporarily for another guest.

Looks your motherboard has some other available slots? Maybe you can try to
insert the device to them? :-)
Or, as a temporary workaround, you can use the attached patch to ignore the FLR
things though this is unsafe...

For the long run, should we add a bool parameter, like 'pci_force_assign', in
guest config file? If the end user sets the paramter to true, under such a
situation, if needed, we ignore the current policy and try to use the unsafe
D-state method (if available) to do FLR?

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan