RE: [Xen-devel] timer_mode default change?!?

> From: John Levon [mailto:levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] timer_mode default change?!?
>
> > Huh?  "Most guests" means Windows?  AFAIK, *no* Linux hvm
> > guest prefers timer_mode==1.
>
> Solaris does :)

Hi John --

Perhaps you can explain what timer_mode==1 does then?  (E.g.
how it differs from timer_mode==0 and timer_mode==2)  I've
never quite understood it and an attempt to document timer_mode
that I posted several months ago left timer_mode==1 rather
vague.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-01/msg01223.html

Other than being nice for Solaris (and Windows?), could you defend
a default of timer_mode==1?

Thanks,
Dan