Re: [Xen-devel] Does Xen detect busy-spinning VCPUs?

  • To: "Robert Kaiser" <kaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Geoffrey Lefebvre" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:57:29 -0700
  • Cc: Daniel Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:58:15 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=TM+4Pye9B76v3QgrqNNQ58K7DnfnEL5LsZll+h9mNsWkg7NduTw5krx/vPaa7s88lS ai1IU4b3X86Vns620/p9bz7ghBlV2f7+96g75DYjWDP/C85CdEglcNRfTp/1/wvM+uxz xRZ4ZeIOAyyJ52xcxyBPdrW38vBtRW7mS9S68=

> I am seeing situations where two subsequent calls to NOW() in the Mini-OS
> context deliver time coordinates that differ by 95(!) milliseconds. If this
> were due to interrupt latencies, surely that would have been noticed by
> someone?

These are long latencies. Have you tried comparing the values returned
by NOW() in mini-os with reads from the tsc? NOW() is probably correct
but it's a good thing to rule this out.

geoffrey