Re: [Xen-devel] HVM resumable with -c flag?

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Mike Sun" <msun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:12:43 -0400
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Levon <levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:13:07 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=fZY97BNskIs1r1Pcuz25Yi5xTaucQug3K1YZNB2poea5vVY4asnlr7YpF+sjWwpY3C uLhgpKg0D88Hjni3BWtYQAF57HdV/ByPL8gUL86e5TiSVgAqiwWaZCTEZWo1oL1SqjNV TkSL+m4x9I0jgF05tGIjDxuMy5rT/kb0jvgfg=

Hmm...  I attempted to replace the tools/ioemu source in 3.1.4 with
that from 3.2.1... and find this call in cirrus_vga.c is not supported
in 3.1.x:

 (void)xc_domain_pin_memory_cacheattr(
        xc_handle, domid,
        begin >> TARGET_PAGE_BITS,
        end >> TARGET_PAGE_BITS,
        XEN_DOMCTL_MEM_CACHEATTR_WB);

I looked into patching 3.1.x with the code necessary to support that
function call, but found myself down a long list of dependencies that
required updating things like mtrr and mm.c which seemed a bit
dangerous.

I figured I'd just remove that memory cache pin call in cirrus_vga.c
and see how that went.  (The only other slight change I had to make
was to remove the z position stuff from xenfb.c).  Everything build,
but I can't create HVM domains without them getting wedged in a
"weird" state (i.e. -----), so it looks like qemu-dm is bugging out.

Any ideas on how I can port the 0.90 version of QEMU in Xen 3.2.x into
Xen 3.1.x easily?

Thanks,
Mike