RE: [Xen-devel] [Q] Is qemu used when we use VTd?

  • To: "Akio Takebe" <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:08:46 +0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:09:23 -0700

Hypervisor traps all MMIOs which, if passthrough to HVM,
would generate unexpected result. In other word, you may
simply consider all MMIOs outside of passthrough devices,
including MMIOs of emulated devices, MMIOs of emulated
chispet, and MMIOs from emulated cpus, etc. are trapped
by hypervisor for virtualization. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin