[Xen-devel] RE: Interrupt to CPU routing in HVM domains - again

> The only thing I can think of (and should certainly be checked!) is
that
> some of your event channels are erroneously getting bound to vcpu !=
0.
> Are
> you running an irq load balancer or somesuch? Obviously event channels
> bound
> to vcpu != 0 will now never be serviced, whereas before your changes
you
> would probabilistically 'get lucky'.

In allocating event channels, I'm doing EVTCHNOP_alloc_unbound and then
passing the returned event channel number to Dom0 via xenbus. Is there
anything else I need to do? Do I need a specific hypercall to bind the
event channel to cpu 0 only? I'll check the 'unmodified drivers'
source...

The thing is, my performance testing has shown good results for SMP
(vcpus=4) and UP, but Bart has reported that he only gets good
performance when he checks the vcpu_info for the cpu that the interrupt
has been triggered on.

James