RE: [Xen-devel] Can we disable secondary_bus_reset in runtime?

  • To: "Neo Jia" <neojia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Cui, Dexuan" <dexuan.cui@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:13:06 +0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 00:13:33 -0700

Neo,
You're right. I tried that only as you asked if that would work or not. :-)

I tested the SecondaryBusReset manually as what the function defines:
After I "Assert Secondary Bus Reset", I notice all the config space of the NIC
(01:00.0) becomes inaccessible (reading returns 0xffffffff).
Next, after I "De-assert Secondary Bus Reset", the config space of NIC becomes
accessible again.

what's your failure case?

-- Dexuan