Re: [Xen-devel] PV Grub Questions

  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:11:51 -0400
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:12:15 -0700

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Samuel Thibault
<samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Todd Deshane, le Thu 28 Aug 2008 09:34:19 -0400, a écrit :
>> I just read the <xen source tree>/stubdom/README file, particularly focusing
>> on the PV-GRUB section. The description matches my understanding, but
>> the results of using it do not...
>
> Just to make it clear: I think the results do not just because of bugs
> :)

:), well I still don't rule out the case that I am doing something wrong still.

So, I am trying to give information that can help us decide if I am doing
something silly or if in fact there is a bug that was not found.

> About menu.lst, just to make sure, when you say "My grub config file",
> it is in the guest (hd0,1) image, right?

Yes, the root partition, which contains the boot and grub directories, is
on the virtual disk as /dev/hda2, I confirmed this and also early on sent
the fdisk -l of the disk image. I still haven't ruled out the fact that it could
be an issue with the detection of the disk image, but still need a working
disk image to test on somehow.

How do you create your disk images for test purposes? Do you use dd,
some install tool, etc?

Cheers,
Todd