Re: [Xen-devel] Identifying pagetype in they hypervisor

  • To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Mike Sun" <msun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 22:01:05 -0400
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:01:28 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=TzksAoJ55NsiY0WRXl18yAfbOcppYCl9LpUqZR5eK8ig9bgM23k7dv1TPGAJAhrJLx ez4q3RxpvgI9wGLsfg6WPOksvnEkHKukyTMvnD1HpHkXjv2iM4VYo7UxlEzKahjUVD6/ u0+H6ObyxMkhtWNe7uV9xOFwbKyF7xy3U6A+A=

Thanks Mark.  That's what I think I'm looking for.

I think I've managed to confuse myself a bit again (haven't touched
the modifications I made to the shadow code in a while) with the
gmfn/mfn naming in the shadow code.  In _sh_propagate(...,
target_fmn,..) and _sh_mark_dirty(..., gmfn), I'm assuming that a real
machine frame number is passed to those functions, not a
pseudo-physical one... am I correct?

Basically, I need to be sure that when the sh_page_fault_handler()
eventually calls _sh_propagate(), it passes the machine frame number
of the faulting page, not the HVM guest's perceived physical address
(gmfn/pseudo-physical).

Thanks,
Mike