Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 hypercall for adding and removing PCI devices

If a device is assigned to a domain (in this case dom0) then that domain's
VT-d pagetables will contain the RMRR mappings for that device. Hence BIOS
can perform DMA in those RMRR-indicated regions without swapping to and fro
between domain tables and fallback RMRR tables. The new fallback RMRR table
would be just that -- a fallback table used for any device not currently
assigned to any domain (and hence those devices should only have DMAs
initiated by the BIOS, if at all).

 -- Keir