Re: [Xen-devel] Migration of paused domains

On Saturday 19 July 2008, Alessandro Sardo wrote:
> James Harper ha scritto:
> >> today I wanted to find out if it was possible to migrate a paused
> >> domain. So, I tried the following:
> >>
> >> # xm pause <dom>
> >> # xm migrate <dom> <dest>
> >
> > For PV domains, migrate requires the DomU itself to make a suspend call
> > to the hypervisor when it is ready to suspend. I guess it can't do that
> > if it is paused...
> >
> > James
>
> I see. Would you be so kind to point me at that suspend call in the
> sources?

In the Linux sources I think you could start browsing from
drivers/xen/core/reboot.c::xen_suspend().

The final hypercall to suspend the guest (HYPERVISOR_suspend) is done in
drivers/xen/core/machine_reboot.c::take_machine_down()

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Mark