Re: [Xen-devel] Will Xen support PCI add-on card for serial ports?

  • To: Neo Jia <neojia@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:33:52 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 02:33:59 -0700

Not within Xen itself, although they can be driven by dom0 no problem.
Actually some PCI cards can even be driven by Xen, if you work out where the
BIOS allocates the I/O port resource by default. Then you can manually
configure the I/O port base and IRQ on the Xen command line.

 -- Keir