Re: [Xen-devel] question about mapping memory from Dom0 to domU

  • To: "吴佳民" <wujiamin_tyut@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Derek Murray" <Derek.Murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:20:37 +0100
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 23:21:00 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=hEN9keNp9kNVtjjVjw7bYyyzEfbWWqLDgUusV+Wc6uatx+o2Twn+FFYVrOuGXFZbHj puFaVPKqSwbUzZZzjeRWP/3iVCanQsRWkK85rSur6IDBrVOSUgpHROTTwjK2kXvxZZQY weExUcQ2sEEU72O3s0DagAkogLXpBhLAfZuzM=

Hi,

This won't work: xc_map_foreign_range can only be used in privileged
domains (i.e. Dom0) to map memory from DomUs. This is because allowing
a DomU to map arbitrary memory from another domain would undermine the
security and isolation of the system.

You could use xc_map_foreign_range in Dom0 to map memory from the
DomU. However, it would be better still to use grant references, as
this would observe the principle of least privilege.

Note also that the parameter "port" is actually "prot", which
corresponds to the page-protection on the mapped pages (e.g.
PROT_READ, or PROT_READ | PROT_WRITE).

Regards,

Derek Murray.