Re: [Xen-devel] GPLPV Drivers 0.9.11-pre4 hang during boot - Windows XP Pro SP2

James Harper wrote:
Hmmm... I think I can see the problem - XenPCI is getting IRQ 5, and IRQ
5 is being assigned to all the subsequent devices that XenPCI
enumerates, and due to the slightly dodgy way I dish out interrupts to
other devices this maybe isn't working. I should probably have spotted
that earlier but I wasn't looking for it!

Great!

Btw, on my test machines, XenPCI always seems to get IRQ 28 and the
other devices all get IRQ 11. Any idea why yours would all be getting
IRQ 5? My guess would be that you don't have APIC enabled, or that you
didn't have it enabled when you first installed.

Confirmed, I have APIC disabled in the VM (also while installing), because
in the past this caused strange problems with the older Xen versions.  Since
then I always left it disabled for safety, but I guess it's now safe...

Thanks,
Sandro