[Xen-devel] differences in hvm save/restore in 3.1 vs 3.2

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 15:13:40 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:14:03 -0700

I'm still trying to figure out why save/restore was working with my
windows gplpv drivers and suddenly now it's not, and I've just realised
that the one thing that has changed is that I've switched back to Xen
3.2 again, and when it was working I was using Xen 3.1.

Are there any fundamental differences between how the HVM save/restore
works between 3.1 and 3.2?

It seems I can't use the windows debugger to help me, as after I restore
it will no longer reconnect, while it did when I was using Xen 3.1. That
may be unrelated to the above problem though... the debugger connects to
the serial port of the hvm domain via an 'xm console xxx' command in
inetd.conf... and I think that that isn't working properly after the
restore.

Thanks

James