Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PCI passthrough support via PV-PCI

[Samuel Thibault]
> Keir Fraser, le Wed 02 Jul 2008 13:59:42 +0100, a écrit :
>> Shouldn't they happen from xend or pciback?

> For PV guests it looks like something is done indeed, because else
> it wouldn't work.  It is probably a matter of having domctl permit
> the stub domain to transfer these rights to the HVM guest.

When I added VT-d support for PV guests I made xend do the device
assignment iff the destination was a PV domain.  Is there any reason
why device assignment can not be performed by xend for HVM guests as
well?

Other resource assignment (IOMEM and IRQs) still seems to happen in
xend for HVM guests as well as for PV guest.  What other domctls does
ioemu need to perform?

        eSk