Re: [Xen-devel] HELP:) vif-common.sh call on xm shutdown / xm destroy

We've also seen this problem and have some more information. Looking into it we have found that the udev "offline" event is not being triggered by the kernel on paravirtual guest shutdowns. HVM guests seem to work just fine though. We can provide udevmonitor output and/or udev log output if it would help. Definitely seems like a bug though.

- Chris Thunes

Ian Jackson wrote:
Sébastien RICCIO writes ("[Xen-devel] HELP:) vif-common.sh call on xm shutdown / xm
destroy"):
Is it right that xm shutdown doesn't call vif-common.sh ?

shutdown just asks the guest to shut itself down so shouldn't bring
the interfaces down right away.  But I think the script should be
called when the domain indicates that its shutdown is complete,
destroying itself.  It's quite possible that this is buggy ...

Ian.