Re: [Xen-devel] Re: hang in pvfb resulting from save/restore?

Jaya Kumar wrote:
Is this a scenario where multiple processes are mapping identical
framebuffer areas simultaneously? If so, there is a bug in defio that
corrupts the pagelist. I posted a  patch for that here:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-fbdev-devel&m=120935156922859&w=2

I hope that helps.

Not sure. It's X using its /dev/fb driver. I don't think anything else will have mapped the framebuffer in that case.

I'll do some more experiments with list debugging enabled, to see if that shakes out any problems.

I'll try your patch, since it doesn't seem to be in current -git. The spinning around the list is a common symptom of adding something to a list more than once.