Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Virtualized OSX

> Yeah, just occurs to me that if OpenGL and hopefully DirectX (though I'm
> less optimistic about it) add some kind of hardware specification for
> virtualization support, then this problem could be reduced in complexity a
> reasonable amount.

Various people have done work on supporting virtualisation of OpenGL already.
Search for VMGL for instance.

I know of some people who have hopes for virtualising both OpenGL and DirectX
on Xen but their work is in the planning stages only and I don't know if
it'll be feasible to achieve all their goals and support 3D too.

> Apple MAY not be that helpful in virtualizing OSX even on their hardware,
> but I'd bet the osx86 team(s) would be insanely helpful.

That's true.  ISTR Apple talking about MacOS virtual machines at some point
but I don't know what their stance is.  I'd have thought they they'll have to
support it eventually, on their own hardware at least.

> At any rate - this is all guess work on my part. Who knows for certain.

Indeed.  Time will reveal all to us, I suspect.

Cheers,
Mark