Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Virtualized OSX

> Howdy gang - any idea if I could use Xen on my Mac Pro to run Windows in
> parallel to OSX and use both such that graphics apps have access to the
> actual graphics hardware?

Uhhh, the answer is probably "Mostly no" ;-)

I've recently seen some support committed to Xen to allow you to pass a
graphics adaptor to a domU, which is a step in the right direction for what
you're trying to achieve.  I don't believe it has support for run time
switching which domain has access to the graphics card, though, which you
would also seem to require.

Also, MacOS X isn't going to boot under Xen without some hacking, I think,
since Xen's HVM mode emulates a conventional PC without EFI, etc.  You could
possibly make a hacked version of OS X work.  I think somebody might have got
OS X running in a Xen domain but I imagine the graphical performance of the
virtualised framebuffer would detract from the "Mac experience" somewhat :-(

Cheers,
Mark