Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.25.* domU i386 baremetal/xen dual boot kernels (Fedora 8)

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 12:13 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I've been having some fun recently with trying to get a stock upstream
> kernel working, compiled with support for both baremetal and PV
> booting.  This is with a view to getting a similar configuration into
> the Xensource automated test setup.

FYI within the xen-unstable.hg tree you can build such a kernel with
something like:
        make XEN_TARGET_ARCH=x86_32 XEN_LINUX_NONINTERACTIVE_CONFIG=y
KERNELS="linux-2.6 linux-2.6-git" kernels -j12

The config used will be i386 defconfig + Xen options. I guess that won't
necessarily work on an especially wide variety of baremetal platforms
thoguh.

KERNELS can include anything found in xen-unstable.hg/buildconfigs/mk.*

Ian.