Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PCI Passthrough using GART on AMD CPUs?

The functionality of that patch is to allow dom0 to use the GART as a target
aperture for 32-bit PCI devices to access memory above 4GB. The GART cannot
possibly implement the functionality of the new AMD or Intel IOMMUs, as it
does not intercept *every* DMA access issued by guest-controlled devices.
The patch you would like to see is an impossibility.

 -- Keir