Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] PVFB: Add refresh period to XenStore parameters?

Markus Armbruster, le Mon 05 May 2008 10:26:14 +0200, a écrit :
> Any particular reason for going through xenstore instead of the event
> rings?

Just because it exists.

> If I read your patch correctly, xenfb_read_frontend_fb_config() sets
> request-update in xenstore depending on xenfb->ds->idle, during
> startup.  The only place that changes it is xenfb_update(), which is
> #ifdef CONFIG_STUBDOM.

Err, no, it is not #ifdef CONFIG_STUBDOM.

> What if ds->idle is true when xenfb_read_frontend_fb_config() runs
> during startup of the ordinary (!CONFIG_STUBDOM) backend?  Can this
> happen?

Yes it can, when running a vnc server for instance.  And when later on a
client connects, on next iteration of xenfb_update() the frontend will
be notified.

> Other than that, the change seems to affect only Mini-OS and
> CONFIG_STUBDOM, which are both outside the area of my expertise (and
> frankly, interest).

Well, that could be used in the linux frontend to disable the timer too.
That may interest e.g. laptop users.

Samuel