[Xen-devel] how to get the information about "Frame Table"?

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Haifeng Fang" <fhf25@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:22:32 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:21:41 -0700

hi, all:

Now, i want to get the information of configuration of physcial memory within the whole physical node.
by refering to some open literature, i focus on some data-structures as follows:
  • Frame Table, namely, "struct page_info * frame_table";
  • Machine-to-physical translation table (M2P), which i have not found the definitive structure of it.

my questions is whether the frame_table and M2P table covers all the physical memory (RAM) or not.

in addition, i have found a interface to userspace application running in domain0. the interface is:
XEN_DOMCTLl_getpageframeinfo, and XEN_DOMCTL_getpageframeinfo2

and my question is whether i can get the information of configuration of physcial memory within the whole physical node, or only get the information within a specific domain. furthermore, maybe i can only get the information of inuse page of frame_table, is right?

if anyone can help me, thanks in advance.

2008-04-25

Haifeng Fang