Re: [Xen-devel] Vanilla Linux 64-bit paravirt guest support

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 09:01 -0500, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Michael Abd-El-Malek wrote:
> > Is 64-bit domU support available anywhere at the moment?  For example,
> > what is the status of the git://git.et.redhat.com/xen-pvops-64.git
> > tree?  I pulled that tree and tried building 64-bit Xen domU support
> > (since this tree allows you to configure the kernel with that
> > capability, unlike the vanilla Linux tree).  But compilation failed in
> > enlighten.c because xen_smp_ops isn't defined in x86_64.

Try building without CONFIG_SMP, it doesn't support that yet.

> Redhat have some patches which they're shipping in Fedora 9.  Once F9 is
> out the door, I'm hoping they'll polish them into an upstreamable form.
> I don't know whether that git tree represents what's in F9, or if that's
> somewhere else; at the very least I'd expect you'd be able to pull the
> patches out of the srpm.

Yep, this tree:

  http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=xen-pvops-64.git

is the work-in-progress x86_64 tree.

This tree:

  http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=linux-2.6-fedora-pvops.git

is what we're actually shipping for F-9. It includes the x86_64 work,
but some other paravirt_ops patches too, most of which are queued up
upstream.

Cheers,
Mark.