Re: [Xen-devel] Again: Release 0.8.4 GPL PV-Drivers for Windows

Hello James,
sorry for the delay, i've got a lot of work to do.
James Harper schrieb:

| Care to send me a copy of your fix?

This is not realy a fix. I only changed one little entry in your
install.bat:

"ver | find "Version 5.00." > nul
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto ver_2k"

| Hmmm... I think maybe my inf files don't properly support windows 2000.
| Any patches from you to fix this will be gratefully accepted :)

At first i've to learn how inf-files work... ;-)

|> On the same machine i tested your pv-drivers on a XP Pro SP2 VM. After
|> the installation i fond a lot of new xen-devices but no xennet-device.
|> It doesn't matter if i configure the vif-device in the vm
| configuration
|> with or without "type=netfront".
|
| I've definitely tested with XP, although not recently.
|
| James

I would be happy if you could test your drivers on w2k.
My job is to migrate windows servers to linux. In some cases my
customers have to use some special software which needs MS- or
pervasive-SQL. In most of these cases the software-producers would'nt
allow a migration of their databases to a opensource engine. So i need a
small windows installation under xen and most of my customers are owners
of enough w2k pro licenses.

Stefan

- --
Jetzt erhätlich: "Der Linux-Server" 2te Auflage
Autor Stefan Schäfer
Erschienen im C&L Verlag

FSP Computer & Netzwerke
Inhaber: