Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen paravirt frontend block hang

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Christopher S. Aker wrote:
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Are you running an SMP or UP domain? I found I could get hangs very easily with UP (but I need confirm it isn't a result of some other very experimental patches).

The hang occurs with both SMP and UP compiled pv_ops kernels. SMP kernels are still slightly responsive after the hang occurs, which makes me think only one proc gets stuck at a time, not the entire kernel.

The patch I posted yesterday - "xen: fix RMW when unmasking events" - should definitively fix the hanging-under-load bugs (I hope).

Confirmed-by: caker@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Nice work!

-Chris