[Xen-devel] Re: Illegal PV kernel pfm/pfn translations on PROT_NONE ioremaps

Return ~mfn in this case? Still fails the usual is-it-a-valid-pfn tests, but
can be picked up and converted back to a valid mfn by pfn_to_mfn(). The key
is that most of the time invalid pfns are explicitly == end_pfn, or
max_page, or similar, so we are distinguishing from those and also can still
bug on that specific value in pfn_to_mfn().

As for picking this up in the save/restore code -- sounds a bit tricky to
me. We're better off not allowing migration of a I/O-privileged domain in
the first place. And indeed I believe the tools already have some such
safety checks.

 -- Keir