[Xen-devel] Re: Xen-devel Digest, Vol 37, Issue 44

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Pavel Muller" <pav.muller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:06:56 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 03:07:21 -0700

Thanks for your advise, but when I was searching on the internet so I found sources like:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/marcelo/linux-2.4/Documentation/networking/tuntap.txt
wikipedia
http://vtun.sourceforge.net/tun/
...and many many more.
However these sources don´t describe TUN/TAP interface in detail. This ins´t possible, that don´t exit detailed manual:( When the programmers make virtual interfaces(TUN/TAP) so they use these links? They have to know exact function these interfaces. I am not programmer, but I think that describe in these links is insufficient to make own virtual interfaces.
      For example, when I will want to produce motherboards for Intel processors so I must know how is voltage, number of pins, how processor cooperate with chipset, memory and many many more. My image manual to TUN/TUP is some book or ebook with standarts and description like for example this documentation intel P4 processor.
ftp://download.intel.com/design/Pentium4/datashts/303128.pdf
Sometimes I find source code, but I search human readable like documentation.
I am bankkrupt in this work:(