RE: [Xen-devel] [Patch 0/7] pvSCSI driver

> This kind of suggests that we should be plumbing things through to the
> guest with a granularity of whole targets, rather than individual
> logical units.  The alternative is a much more complicated scsi
> emulation which can fix up the LUN-sensitive commands.

I think we should probably have the option of doing either.

> Allowing this kind of mapping sounds reasonable to me.  It would also
> make it possible (hopefully) to add support for some of the weirder
> SCSI logical unit addressing modes without changing the frontends
> (e.g. hierarchical addressing with 64 bit LUNs).  That might involve a
> certain amount of munging of REPORT LUNS commands in the backend,
> though.

Not sure how much it matters, but any 'munging' of scsi commands would
be a real drag for Windows drivers. The Windows SCSI layer is very
strict on lots of things, and is a real pain if you are not talking to a
physical PCI scsi device.

James