[Xen-devel] Re: [Xense-devel] Infineon vtpm problem

xense-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/27/2008 04:02:41 PM:

> Hi
>
> I have checked out the 0.3.2cvs version of trousers and finally get the
> tsstest working with very few differences from when it is run under
> non-xen host. My previous attempts was on 0.3.1 (stable).
>
> However when run tpm_sealdata, I still get
>
> Tspi_Key_LoadKey failed: 0x00003113 - layer=tsp, code=0113 (275),
> Authorization failed.

So, I just tried this and I ran into the same problem. I then used some tools that let me control whether to use TPM_LoadKey() or TPM_LoadKey2(). Loading a key with TPM_LoadKey2() failed due to HMAC authorization failing, TPM_LoadKey() worked. From what I saw is that the TSS is using TPM_LoadKey2() and the TPM implementation then states that TPM_LoadKey2() is emulated using TPM_LoadKey(). Well, it seems to be a bug in the TPM_LoadKey2() implementation.

> This reminds me that maybe I am using vtpm wrong way. Is there a
> document about how to use vtpm?

No, you are using it correctly.

  Stefan