RE: [Xen-devel] is there any way to avoid lazy updates to pageattribute bits?

> Also, I removed the use of recursive page tables so that I could use
> writeable page tables - not realizing that wr pts were a dud. I've
> disabled writeable page tables and have tried re-enabling the use of
> recursive page tables. It appears that that doesn't work at all any
> more - is that correct?

I'm not sure what you mean. You can write directly to pagetables, the
write will just be emulated. It was only the 'unhooking' optimization
(known as wr_pt) that was removed in 3.1, there's no guest-visible API
change. You can of course used the batched mmu_update hypercall
interface or the update_va_mapping hypercall.

Recursive pagetables have been observed to work for a number of
different guest types (including 64b and PAE) so I've no reason to
believe they're broken.

Ian