[Xen-devel] Re: Qemu vnc WMVi support

Anthony Liguori wrote:
Stefano Stabellini wrote:
Hi all,
the patch "qemu-vnc-wmvi.patch" adds support for the WMVi pseudoencoding in qemu vnc server. If the client implements it, it is supposed to be able to change colour depth when receiving a WMVi message.

Since I didn't know any client that supports it and I wanted to test the implementation before submitting any patch I also modified vncviewer to support WMVi. The patch "vncviewer-wmvi.patch" is meant to be applied to the realvnc vncviewer unix client version 4.1.2, using patch -p1.
Try executing vncviewer with FullColour=1 AutoSelect=0.

Please submit this patch to the qemu-devel. I'll help make sure it gets picked up.

We are currently working on a merge with qemu 0.9.1, there is still a lot of work to do, but you should be able to see the results soon enough.

I was hoping you'd do a patch for gtk-vnc but I can add support for it if you can't.

gtk-vnc is what's used by virt-manager FWIW.

I modified vncviewer first because I am more familiar with its code than with any other vnc client. Of course I can help implement it on gtk-vnc too, I just need some more time. Implementing WMVi support on the client side is very simple if the client is already able to do colour conversions.