Re: [Xen-devel] CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y possible in Dom0 kernel?

Pin dom0 to its own CPU? If the xruns are occurring because of competing load in dom0 itself, or you have a SMP dom0 and don’t want to pin all its VCPUs, you could pull your sound server out into another domain and pin that instead. Either way, the VCPU pinning is ensuring that your sound server is not impacted by the Linux or Xen schedulers. The cost is that you burn a core or hyperthread on your sound server.

 -- Keir