Re: [Xen-devel] save/restore pass-through enabled domU

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 08:59 -0500, Masroor Vettuparambil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can I save a pass-through enabled domU and restore it later on the
> same machine?
> I tried this with no success. In my case, saving was successful only
> when I removed corresponding driver from domU.
>
> If this works, I can think abt migration of pass-through enabled domU
> between machines having identical hardware.

I'm not sure about PCI pass-through support, but the network
acceleration plugin architecture we contributed to 3.2 makes solving the
problems of save/restore and migration between servers (even with
different hardware) much easier for those things that use it.

Migration using PCI pass-through will be tricky to say the least, even
between identical hardware, and particularly if you have any state on
your NIC.

Kieran